This is the online version of Te Aka Māori-English, English-Māori Dictionary and Index
I essentially ported this website from ColdFusion/MSSQL to Laravel/PostgreSQL, while making significant improvements along the way. The main issue with the old site was the relevancy of the search results, so I used the power of PostgreSQL full text searching to dramatically improve this. I also managed to get a 280-500% increase on the search result response times, thanks to some strategic Redis caching and the fact that Laravel is pretty quick out of the box. I also built an entirely new admin panel for managing the dictionary.
I approached the design of the system as an API-centric one, which means both the frontend website and mobile apps are hitting the same API calls, so no duplication of logic needed.